Sunday, January 11, 2009

When you have no time to create...

I have been incredibly busy with deadlines this week, so I have had no time to be creative. Well, I suppose that's not entirely true. I'm fortunate that I get to be creative in my job, so I always have a little creative outlet. But, I had no time to just create for fun.

I think for those of us who call ourselves artists and crafters, finding ways to exhibit our creativity on a daily basis is truly a necessity. One of my goals this year is to finish creating a scrapbook of a recent family vacation. I also have a goal of spending time in my studio on a weekly basis.

What do you do when you have no time to create? Do you find your creativity coming through in other outlets (such as work), or do you just stagnate until your schedule clears or you make time for your creativity? Do you make an appointment with yourself for creative time? I'm curious how you handle balancing your hectic everyday life with the need for a creative outlet.

No comments: