Sunday, March 22, 2009

Netting Challenge - My Contribution


Okay everyone...there are still 9 days left in March. We want to see what YOU do with nylon netting. Post your creation on our Facebook page. You may even win $10 in free product!

I sat down today and created my own artwork using the nylon netting. I was fascinated by the idea of using it to create a pseudo-shaker box effect. When doing that, I found that the clover I was adding got "trapped" in the netting, yielding a very fun effect. I created these pieces on the fly, just showing that we always have time for a little creative outlet. Not everything has to be our masterpiece.




To create the ATCs I used the precut ATCs blanks from Sunday International (available at http://www.mailboxmuse.com/) along with a variety of St. Pat's embellishments I have collected over the years. The sparkly shamrock is a button from Dress It Up, the rhinestones are from Darice, and everything else is just stuff from my stash. I'm not sure where I got the loose shamrocks...I'm sure it was one of our local craft stores.




1 comment:

Kathleen said...

oooh I think this is great Cyndi! Especially with the shamrock background and then the loose ones on top. By the way, the loose ones look fantastically real!
~Kathleen