Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend in Cary





I just got back from a whirlwind couple of weeks. It began a couple of weekends ago with an art workshop in Cary, NC. What a wonderful time! I was invited by Jillian Goldberg, co-owner of Lara 'N Jillz Art Studio to come and teach.


I stayed with Jillian and I have to tell you that the first thing I noticed when I entered her lovely home was all of the beautiful artwork that graced the walls. She took me on a little tour of the art and I learned that it came from a variety of sources, some were her works...all were wonderful. I was greatly blessed by Jillian's hospitality.


Jillian's home is nestled on a lovely lake that has a public park on one side and a beautiful walking path that encircles it. Before I left Ohio the weather had been dismal. We had had highs in the forties! In North Carolina the temperature was in the nineties. This freeze-baby was in heaven! And, what a great way to enjoy the weather by talking a walk around the beautiful lake. I did this both mornings that I was there and LOVED it!




We had a wonderful time at the workshop. I love to teach, I love people and I love altered art. I always enjoy my classes and it is even more enjoyable when there are fun and lively participants. What a great group of people! Great art was created by everyone. Check out photos of the participants and their artwork at: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/album.php?aid=163771&id=45128553476&ref=mf

The studio is a fun place. A converted garage, it was stocked with everything you would need to be creative. I would love to have something like that in my area. They teach both adult and children's classes. Tuesday mornings feature an Open Studio series, as well. http://www.jillzart.com/

No comments: